Before and After Teeth Whitening
Recommended Care for Custom Home Whitening
- To conserve bleach, only place bleach gel in the tray corresponding to teeth that are visible in your smile.
- Place bleach gel inside the trays, on the outer wall, with provided syringes.
- Place only the smallest amount of bleach dispensable.
- Place trays on teeth with finger pressure, do not bite into place.
- Wipe excess dispersed bleach gel off of gums.
- Maximum results are achieved with bleaching overnight, for consecutive nights, for 4-6 weeks.
- It is common to have considerable sensitivity and grey peeling of gums. It is advisable to minimize hours in the tray if this occurs.
- Clean trays with toothbrush and mild soap, if desired. Do not use toothpaste on bleach trays.
- When not in use, clean and place the trays in your closed case.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Don’t store in a hot dry place as trays may warp and no longer fit.
- Once desired shade is achieved, stop bleaching every night and only apply one night as needed (typically once per month).
- If you run out of bleach gel, you can purchase more from us.
FAQs about Teeth Whitening
Get some of the top answers from our dentistry team.
What are the benefits of professional teeth whitening?
Professional teeth whitening offers numerous benefits that go beyond just achieving a brighter smile. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Enhanced Confidence: A bright, white smile can significantly boost your confidence and self-esteem. It can make you feel more attractive and leave a positive impression on others.
- Noticeable Results: Professional teeth whitening treatments are highly effective in removing stubborn stains and discoloration caused by aging, lifestyle habits, and certain foods and beverages. You can expect to see noticeable results after just one session.
- Customized Treatment: Unlike over-the-counter whitening products, professional teeth whitening treatments are tailored to your specific needs. Your dentist will evaluate your oral health and determine the most suitable whitening method for you.
- Safe and Reliable: Professional teeth whitening is performed under the supervision of dental experts who use safe and approved whitening agents. This ensures that the treatment is effective and minimizes the risk of any potential side effects.
- Long-lasting Results: With proper care and maintenance, the results of professional teeth whitening can last for a long time. By avoiding certain foods and beverages that can stain your teeth and practicing good oral hygiene, you can enjoy a brighter smile for months or even years.
What is the difference between professional in-office and professional take-home teeth whitening?
Professional teeth whitening can be done either in-office or at home with the guidance of your dentist. Here’s a breakdown of the key differences between the two methods:
In-Office Teeth Whitening:
– In-office whitening is performed by a dental professional in a controlled environment.
– It typically involves the application of a high-concentration whitening gel directly to your teeth.
– The gel is activated using a special light or laser, which accelerates the whitening process.
– In-office whitening delivers immediate and dramatic results, with teeth becoming several shades whiter in just one visit.
– The entire procedure usually takes about one to two hours.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening:
– Take-home whitening involves the use of custom-made whitening trays and a lower-concentration whitening gel.
– Your dentist will provide you with the trays and instructions on how to use them.
– You will wear the trays for a specified period each day, usually for a couple of weeks.
– Take-home whitening offers more flexibility, allowing you to whiten your teeth at your convenience.
– While the results may take longer to achieve compared to in-office whitening, they can be equally effective with consistent use.
Both methods have their advantages, and the choice between in-office and take-home whitening depends on your preferences, budget, and desired timeline for results. Consulting with your dentist will help you determine the best option for you.
How long do whitened teeth last?
The longevity of whitened teeth can vary depending on several factors, including your oral hygiene habits, lifestyle choices, and the whitening method used. Generally, professional teeth whitening can last anywhere from six months to two years. However, with proper care and maintenance, you can extend the longevity of your results.
To make your whitened teeth last longer, consider the following tips:
- Practice Good Oral Hygiene: Brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss daily, and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash. Maintaining good oral hygiene helps prevent the buildup of stains and keeps your teeth looking brighter.
- Avoid Staining Foods and Beverages: Certain foods and drinks, such as coffee, tea, red wine, and dark-colored berries, can stain your teeth. Limit your consumption of these items or rinse your mouth with water after consuming them.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking not only poses serious health risks but also contributes to tooth discoloration. Quitting smoking will not only benefit your overall health but also help maintain the whiteness of your teeth.
- Schedule Regular Dental Cleanings: Regular dental cleanings and check-ups are essential for maintaining the health and appearance of your teeth. Your dentist can remove any surface stains and provide guidance on maintaining your whitened smile.
Our favorite smiles are those from happy patients