What To Expect
We know that going to the dentist can be daunting sometimes. The unknown can cause anxiety and unnecessary fear. That’s why we want to provide you with all of the facts about our procedures from the moment you call our office. Even if you aren’t a patient yet, feel free to get in touch for assistance with your dental insurance or other oral health concerns. Discover what you should expect for your upcoming dental appointment.
Before Your Appointment
We’re here to help you have the best experience possible. Before your appointment, keep the following in mind:
- Required electronic forms will be sent via text or email – no printing required!
- Once we have your dental insurance information, we will handle all the rest!
- Read our Welcome Letter sent to your email to learn more about what to expect on your first visit
- Confirm your appointment via text or phone 24 hours prior to your visit
- Let us know prior to your scheduled time if you know you will be late or unable to come
During Your Appointment
From the minute you walk into the Z Dentistry office until you leave, you can expect:
- Check-in a few minutes early with the front desk – Please bring your ID card and your insurance card.
- Have a seat in the lobby where we have coffee, drinks, internet bar, TV, magazines, and restroom
- We pride ourselves on seeing patients on time, and sometimes even early!
- Our dental assistant will bring you into the treatment room to learn more about you and get some vitals.
- Your dental assistant will take any dental X-rays required– Please remember to remove all jewelry, hats, and glasses.
- Dr. Smith will be brought in and updated with your concerns. He will then complete your oral exam.
- Treatment plans will be presented by the dental assistant and the front desk in order to coordinate your insurance benefits as accurately as possible. However, this is only an estimate. You will know your overall cost and your portion for the first procedure.
- Dr. Smith will be excited to start treatment the same day when possible!
- Once treatment is complete, we will schedule your next visit and get you checked out in the same room.
After Your Appointment
We value creating life-long relationships with our patients, which means once your first appointment is over, we aren’t going anywhere. Our front desk staff will keep in contact with you regarding any follow-up concerns and will help you stay on track with future visits.
- Our Saturday appointments are highly coveted by patients who can only come at that time. In respect of our office and other patients, we ask that you only make a Saturday appointment if you are able to completely commit to showing up.
- We may not be able to see you on your original scheduled appointment day if you arrive over 15 minutes past your appointed time. We know unexpected things happen, so we allow a 15 minute grace period. However, if seeing you past the 15-minute grace period means we are late to see another patient, we will not be able to see you right away. Your appointment may have to be rescheduled.
- Please give a 24-hour or more notice for any appointments you won’t be able to make. Especially for long appointments, if we aren’t given enough advance notice, filling that time with another patient at the last moment will be difficult.
- Appointments that are not confirmed at least 24 hours prior to the appointed time are subject to cancellation.
- After three no call no show appointments, we may not be able to reappoint you. After being over 15 minutes late to three appointments, we may not be able to reappoint you. Being late appointments and/or not showing up causes gaps in our schedule and takes away time from other people who are either on time for their appointment or on a waiting list to be seen.
- Payment for services rendered the day of your appointment will be collected that day. Please prepare to pay your portion using cash, check, or a credit card.
Ready to Transform
Your Dental Experience?
Dentistry doesn’t have to be daunting or give you anxiety. See what it’s like to have a dentist who truly cares about your oral health, medical needs, and what’s best for your smile.
Our favorite smiles are those from happy patients